21 st Annual Awarding Ceremony EEG Honours 60 Waste Champions for their Contribution to the Environment EEG Collects 16 million kg of Paper for Recycling
Emirates Environmental Group celebrated the eco champions of recycling in the UAE in a grand occasion arranged at the Dubai Knowledge Park on the occasion of the World Atmosphere Day in the visibility of a galaxy of VIP's, CEO's of Business, Concepts of colleges, families, educators and the Media
In her opening speech she mentioned that the world events are being arranged this year under the theme of “Beat Plastic Pollution”, which perfectly line up with the vision and mission of EEG. EEG has tirelessly worked for 27 years to eliminate the dangers of waste and to guarantee that as little of it enters our land fills in the UAE.
Since the creation of EEG, they have successfully drawn away
1. More than 16,000,000 Kg of paper,
2. Almost 300,000 Kg of Aluminum Cans,
3. Almost 45, 000 of items of mobile phones,
4. Almost 1,000,000 Kg of plastic,
5. Nearly 2,500,000 Kg of glass and
6. More than 90,000 pieces of printer toner
EEG’s efforts have led to the
1. Mitigation of 68,843 MT of CARBON DIOXIDE emissions or simply puts, comparable to about 17,968 automobiles being eliminated of the road for one year.
2. Preservation of 103,686 m3 of landfill room, equivalent to 40 Olympic sized swimming pools.
3. Conservation of 308,775 trees from being felled, comparable to 350 hectares of forest location.
Mrs. Al Mar' ashi stated that EEG was established in 1991 and considering that its inception it has established an efficient waste administration system and considerable academic awareness programs. Today EEG has an energetic accreditation with the UNEP (United Nations Convention for Combating Desertification), and is a member of the IUCN (International Union for Conservation of Nature) and UNGC (United Nations Global Compact).
The EEG Chairperson invited the guests to the 21 st Annual Awarding Event. Emirates Environmental Group proactively engages virtually 2,000 colleges and as much as 500 companies through its different waste management and instructional programmes on an annual basis. It celebrated and honoured the eco-champions who have willingly from their very own feeling of social responsibility signed up with EEG's waste monitoring projects and strove to generate some terrific results.
The outcomes of EEG's waste management programmes are undoubtedly really effective and long lasting. They have created educational and understanding programs, resource materials and public events. They have worked with institutions to create generations of eco-warriors. They have collaborated with organisations to develop a pool of environmental ambassadors.
" EEG works closely with government organizations to contribute efficiently in altering the regulations of the video game and advance lasting growth with approaches, plans and efforts. The emphasis gets on giving an alternating to landfilling family wastes. They have additionally advertised the growth of the marketplace for recycled products at the local level." She concluded
The winners of the six campaigns were separated right into 3 groups, - corporations, scholastic institutions and individuals/families.
1) For Paper the winners were UAE Exchange Ajman (138,640 Kg), Abu Dhabi Women's
College (29,389 Kg) and Master Satvik Vashisht (10,290 Kg)
2) For Plastic, the winners were Abela & Co. LLC (10,560 Kg), Mzeirea School – Hatta (875 Kg), and Ms. Shanina Karyle Cuarto (1,184 Kg)
3) For Cans, the winners were Emirates Flight Catering (3,355 Kg), United International
Private School (699 Kg), and Ms. Neola Castelino (321 Kg)
4) For Mobiles, the winners were Dubai Public Prosecution (4,069 Pcs), Our Own High
School, Al Warqa’a (505 Pcs), and Ms. Mythri Murali Kannan (123 Pcs)
5) For Glass, the winners were Gloria Hotel Dubai (16,534 Kg), American University of
Sharjah (475 Kg), and Master Adithiyan Rajan (253 Kg)
6) For Toners, the winners were Sharjah Electricity & Water Authority (2,033 Pcs), The Millennium School, Dubai (232 Pcs), and Ms. Nityashri Sankaran (347 Pcs)
The enrollers and fans were appreciated for their contribution to the successful payment to the event. The sponsors are: Gold Enroller Dubai Investments, Silver Sponsors Mashreq Bank, McDonalds UAE & DBB Acquiring LLC and National Geographic Abu Dhabi.
The assistance sponsors were additionally identified and they were; Apparel Group, Avon Perfumes and Beauty Products Trading, Brother International, Canon M.E., Cool & Cool, ITL Group, Kidzania Dubai and Nikai.
The Dubai International Academic City was also recognized and complimented totally for kindly supplying a befitting place for the occasion. The occasion was carbon neutral thanks to My Climate in Switzerland and its local partner Farnek.